organisation dedicated to promoting professionalism in African aviation safety.
The Foundation’s sole purpose is to provide impartial, independent, expert safety guidance and resources for the African aviation industry.
Visit our website for more information www.aviassist.org
The Foundation provides pro-active safety support to aviation organisations (government and industry) in the 25 States of the ICAO East and Southern African (ESAF) region. It is a regional affiliate of the Flight Safety Foundation.
The Foundation delivers its programmes mainly through training events, workshops, its full colour safety promotion magazine and policy support. Our services include:
- Making best aviation safety practices available to African professionals
- Communicate effectively about aviation safety (incl. distribution of SafetyFocus – Africa’s dedicated safety magazine)
- Training and support programs to improve aviation safety
- Provide expertise & advice to organisations providing safety support to the region
- Enabling aviation organisations globally to deploy safety expertise as part of their corporate social responsibility programs
- Map safety improvement requirements & produce a catalogue of opportunities to address the requirements
- Assist in processing those requirements towards projects
Programs of the AviAssist Foundation are long term commitment. Why? Because sustainable safety requires a long term commitment.
Ron Louwerse – Managing Director Rotterdam The Hague Airport for Schiphol Group
Hellen Ndichu – Safety manager Rwandair
Bert Kraan – Deputy director Civil Aviation Authority Netherlands (rtd.)
Ron Schipper – Board Member Kenya Airways & Precision Air